When pupils join at Active Support we provide a due diligence pack to the school and LEA, which includes all our staff DBS checks, staff certificates, policies and insurance certificates and confirmation of the courses we are authorised to run.
After a pupil joins our provision they will be informed of the safeguarding arrangements in place. They will be told who the designated senior member of staff for child protection is, and who acts in their absence.
We received a total of 0 complaints for the Autumn term (September 2017 to December 2017).
During their time in Active Support:
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We work hard to make sure that the provision is a safe and secure environment for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all the same.
- We recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions e.g. talking to pupils and parents/carers.
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination.
If you are worried about your child, or have a safeguarding concern, please contact any of the below:
Local Authority D.S.O. (LADO): 01582 548069