Here are some of the vocational courses on offer!
The course syllabus at level 1 covers the following areas: –
Day make-up, skin care, manicure, pedicure, nail art, health & safety, communication skills and working with others.
Level 2 courses introduce more specialised treatments, such as facial, waxing and eye treatments.
This course is on offer at level 1 and 2, and teaches leadership skills such as organisation, teamwork and responsibility, through sporting activities.
Areas covered include: –
- Plan, lead and review a sport/activity
- Developing leadership skills
- Lead activities that promote a healthy lifestyle
- Fair play in sport
- The role of the official
- Opportunities in sport and recreation
The level 2 syllabus introduces: –
- Making activity sessions inclusive
- Positive role models in sport
- Organise and deliver a sports event or competition
- Pathways in sport and recreation
- Using leadership skills
The areas covered in this course, which is offered at entry level 3 and level 1, include: –
- Customer Services
- Basic cooking skills
- Guest Services
- Serving food & drink
- Food safety in catering
- Front office operations